Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!




Where ever do we begin! We had a fabulous holiday weekend. We traveled to Moab, Utah for a little campin', Jeepin', and Bikin'. It was so nice to get out of town. Moab is a beautiful place and Rylie did great on her first camping trip. Her favorite part had to be the fact that she could wake up and see mama then look right and see daddy. Precious! She would wake up and give me the biggest smile then look at Myron do the same and fall right back to sleep. When Myron's snoring would wake her she would let out a little cry then realize we were beside her and go back to her dreaming. We met up with my old college pal Shannon! I could not believe it had been over ten years since I have seen her. It was fabulous to catch up and meet her friends. When the boys went for a mountain bike ride, with her husband Wes, Rylie and I stayed back with her and enjoyed the nice air conditioning of the camper!

Oh did I mention it was HOT. I mean HOT. When Rylie would wake up, chattering for the whole world to hear at 6 am, the sun was up and by 8 it had to be 70 already. We could do very little and poor Red had to sit tied up in the shade all day so she didn't run herself to death. That and she was barking at everyone! Most of the weekend actually was spent sitting at the park in town in the shade. It was just what I needed.
Good music, friends, shade, grass, loveliness.

Rylie and I actually left with Red. Myron and Tim stayed to Jeep so more pictures are to come.

I would like to leave you with a conversation that got me giggling on the way home today. This happened at the KOA yesterday between Shannon and 3 year old Gentry. Remember it's 10 am and 90 degrees, Gentry is outside talking a mile a minute when Shannon notices she still has on her fleece footie pajamas:


Shannon: Gentry aren't you hot? Don't you want to go get out of those pajama's?

Gentry: (Real fast "wiping" the sweat from her head) Yes, I'm hot, hot. I'm hot. I'm gonna go put on my sunblock!

Thank you Shannon!

10 comments:

MelissaCoates said...

Looks like you had a great time! How long did it take you to get there?

Aunt Nora said...

Glad you had a great time. I love the pictures from out west. We also had a great weather weekend. Kiss my girl for me.

Shanna Mac said...

AWWWWW. luv me some shannon!! so glad you had a great time. did you know that you're going on vacation VERY SOON, again!?! i can't wait!

KatieKate said...

ohohohohohoh.
So glad you did the camping thing. I am nervous for our July trip, but you're giving me hope.

Great photos, Friend!

The Colorado Carrs said...

You can do it! It really wasnt that bad she loved it! Plus, it was a good excuse for Myron to by an air matteress!!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

man it is weird to think about taking BellaRose on a camping trip. i guess we need to get through the 1st few weeks of life though.

The Colorado Carrs said...

It was weird for me now. Myron would have taken her at a month old. But I had to do it and break her in. She did so great so will BellaRose and Rylie Joy!

MelissaCoates said...

I love your Mama loves rylie photo...so purty

The Boe's ~ said...

Too cute! You take such great pictures! Today I'm having trouble posting, agghhh its bugging me since it's Jordan's bday and I want to update everyone on Jaden. We'll see, I'll keep trying. Thanks for the bday wish for him. He is on cloud 9 right now and loving today!! It's so much fun- I can't believe he is 4. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, It was wonderful to see you after all these years. This is the first chance I've had to check out your blog since our trip, but it was a great time and I'm sorry I had to bail on you in town! You and Myron are great and Rylie is the sweetest cutest thing!! I really hope we can get together again soon.