Monday, September 24, 2007




We knew coming back from our vacation we would be "re" sleep training. However we did not take into thought she would also be teething. Last night Rylie woke from her slumber at 2:56 am. She did not return to sleep until 5:36 am; and then it was only on my chest in our bed. Today we have refused to nap and are struggling going to bed. Oh did I fail to mention Myron is gone for three days....ugh! I gave her some teething tablets (is that bad?) we must sleep tonight, we must work tomorrow...we have been on vacation for over a week, we must work tomorrow.






On our plane ride home I was reminded how old Rylie actually is. We had the nicest people ever on the plane. Two large families, one parents of a little girl born the day before Rylie. They offered animal crackers, we graciously said no. Later the mother of the other family graciously offered Teddy Grahams, again we turned them away. I then realized it was time. So we have moved to some finger foods, Biter Biscuits, Cheerios, crackers. She loves it. She even stores some in her cheeks for later!

6 comments:

KatieKate said...

teething tablets are fantastic... I have some drops...can't seem to find the tablets, but I hear they're amazing. I can't believe she's standing up at the fridge!!! She looks so big!

Shanna Mac said...

medicate, medicate, medicate. it's the only way to survive!!

love you.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

that is the best advice i have ever heard, medicate! i seem to hear that from a lot of moms. my one friend reminds me when i think about medicating or doing something along those lines, that at least she is not a crack baby. yes we do have that going for us! i still can't get over her walking. is she super early or what?

Aunt Nora said...

My baby is growing up. Itis amazing how babies change in the first year. She is getting so tall and pretty like her momma.

Leigh said...

Must agree with the drug-pushers in the comment section... the later babies get teeth the harder it can be. Alternate Tylenol and Motrin, and you can also "double dose" at night with a dose of each as they act on the body differently. My daughter was a dreadful teether, and all advice to the contrary we did find that the Ora-jel swabs worked well for her. But it was pretty awful every time.

Unknown said...

O I hate that coming back vacation sleep war. She is so grown up. Looks like a teenager standing there at the fridge saying "What Mom?"