Sunday, June 01, 2008

June

Shanna: I am sorry. I just knew if I went out of cell phone range this weekend Avery would come. I just knew it! I am so sorry it wasn't true. I really was hoping.


We took a quick camping excursion this weekend. The weather has been in the high 70's during the day so we wanted to take advantage of the blue skies. However the night time mountain air might have taken advantage of us.
It was cold people.
Daytime was glorious. Warm, sunny, clear, just glorious. But once that sun set it was cold. I bundled Rylie up in long johns, fleece jammies, AND a fleece pull over. Plus she slept with me in 2 sleeping bags. I hope she was warm enough. My nose froze! But by 8am we were putting on sunscreen and shorts again. I never understood why people had campers with heaters. "How is that camping", I always thought. Well I guess they all live out here. We love our camper just wish it had a heater for these Colorado nights. Gotta love high altitude.
It was a quick getaway but we were able to see lots of wildflowers, a raging waterfall, and tons of countryside.


We now await the Haynie Grandfolks. I am VERY excited.
Dad will arrive via I-40 sometime Tuesday. Mom will arrive via Mesa Air on Thursday. So fun!

11 comments:

KatieKate said...

Yay for grandparents coming!

We went camping TOO thins weekend!!! We weren't quite as cold at night, nor quite as warm during the day, but it was lovely.

The Boe's ~ said...

how fun! Can't wait to see more pictures with the visit from the "grandparents"....how long are they staying! BTW, Jared's bday is tomorrow (2) ya, I know I can't even keep them straight....what were we thinking having them SOOOO CLOOOSE together..haha!! I'm whipped from all the parties...one more to go!! XOXOX

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i LOVE that your dad is driving and that your mom is flying. I am so excited that they are coming. i can't wait to see pictures. love the camping trip, looks awesome.

Shanna Mac said...

dude, we were SOOOOO hoping that too. perhaps miss aves just wanted her aunt jessica to be the big announcer to the world! i'm going in for a 12 o'clock appointment so they can "mess" with me and get things going. i'll not hold my breath.

so glad you had a good weekend!!

The Ledfords said...

Looks like fun!! OK, the only time we have been camping out here when it hasn't been really cold at night was in Moab!! I know exactly what you mean though - it's crazy how warm it can be during the day and how cold it can be at night! I found the less clothes I wear in my sleeping bag the better - something about the body heat.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

finally some belly pictures! i am finding that you are taking far less with this baby then you did with rylie. uh-oh, second baby syndrome. Lisser might yell at :)

The Colorado Carrs said...

I know she might. It is so much harder to remember this time cause Rylie is our usual source BUT I think even when I was preggers with Rylie I did every 4 weeeks at first. I remembered I would always take one aftera doctors appt!

Aunt Nora said...

I love it! The music was great or did that come from somewhere else?? I remember those days camping with out a heater. I will camp in any weather as long as I have a cool/warm bed and a private toilet at night. I've earned it. But there is nothing like blue sky though.

Unknown said...

O my that looks so fun, I am jealous that you guys go on so many fun trips.
I love it when parents come, everything is just so much easier when they around.

Aunt Nora said...

Again I just love that song! Save it for her wedding.

The Colorado Carrs said...

I know, I don't know why I put it on there cause it just makes me tear up every time and then I have to mute it!!!