Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Wyatt's Birth Story...10-06-2008
So while GaGa has Wyatt and Rylie is asleep I will try to give you Wyatt's birth story. I honestly think its the birth I have always dreamed of. After Rylie's birth I was honestly terrified of what was going to transpire. Praise the Lord it was almost a total opposite (except for the wonderful outcome of course).
Well as you know I was took the doctor up on a Monday induction. I had been having contractions all week prior and at 3 cm I was already further along then I was with Rylie when I got my epidural! Sunday night after I put Rylie to bed I had a good cry, my baby. Monday morning we woke early, I ate a good breakfast and we drove and hour to the hospital. We arrived at our 7:30 am time, were put in the SAME room Rylie was born in, and Dr. Baca was there within ten minutes. It was so fabulous. She found me at 4 cm and inserted the medication to start induction and monitored the baby's heart rate for an hour. After that I made it a point to stay on my feet. Myron and I walked the halls and then found the stairs. I walked and walked and walked those stairs. I only felt a few strong contractions so I kept walking. I was told to be back at 11 for more monitoring and for Dr. Baca to check me. She said I was almost 5cm and we decided to break my water. I was pretty excited to be so far along and still be able to walk and move and NO PITOCIN had to be used. The nurse asked if she should call for the Epidural and I thought I could hold out. She left to call and tell him to be on point for me and while she was gone Myron suggested I go ahead and ask him to come. Sure enough by the time the nurse got back her first comment was "your not smiling anymore". I told her I was ready and within the hour it took for him to get there I was having intense contractions. Myron stated later I didn't even know Friends was on !ha The epidural went in and life was a little better again. After an hour or so Myron got nervous I was going out of labor again (simply because I was "resting") and went for a walk. During this time I kept waiting for the pressure to come, the pressure to push. But it never did. All I could feel was this pinching sensation in my back. Then nausea. Myron got back just as the nurse arrived and I told her what was happening. She decided to check me as some people feel nausea rather then pressure. Her comment "well hello there baby head". Wyatt was there and ready to go. Within the hour he was born. I want to say I only pushed for 30 minutes or so. When he was born Dr. Baca asked Myron to tell me what "it" was, he couldn't find "it" because of the cord but when he turned around and said "Its a Boy" I honestly don't think I have ever seen him happier. They laid him on my chest and we got to hold him for three hours before he went to the nursery!!! Oh it was so lovely and we are so thrilled to have him here to complete our family.
Rylie loves him and was so excited to see the "bub-beeeee". She gets very VERY upset when he does and is of course having some jealousy issues with mom but today was a little better and I am hoping for each day to show this trend. It really does help to have my mom here to entertain her and keep her busy. I can't imagine the guilt and drama we/I would have otherwise. One day at a time I suppose.
So there it is. I am sure a detail or two has been left out but I know you all were wanting to know. We are all doing well and trying to rest. I will do my best to post again as soon as possible. We have much to tell about uncle Gray and GaGa and Baby Grace. All the wonderful things of that have happened this week. Thank you for your continued prayers and thought. We surely do appreciate them and you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Myron is so sweet.I am sure Rylie will be just fine...one day at a time just like you said.
Hug them all for me! (even Red Dog)
by the way...oh my word he looks just like Myron!
HEY!! I had an Awesome time playing with Rylie! and i am so happy to meet WYAATT!!! Sorry i had to leave so soon.. Too busy! K love you all!!
Gray
oh congrats to you!! so glad you have one of each! actually, no matter what you were to have I am still happy and excited for you! it is interesting to see just how different they can be! so glad everything went well for you and you had an enjoyable experience! get some rest and enjoy!!! he is precious!
Wonderful............
Life is good. Eat, sleep and be merry:) We love you all. Mama Kim looks at home.
oh thank you so much! i seriously have been a mad stalker and now i know and it feels so good! he is precious and your whole family is precious, you guys have done good. I am so happy that it went so well for you. That is wonderful. How are you feeling now? I wish I was there to help you. SO what do you need? Clothes?
Jessica I loved your post and in fact have tears running down my face. I'm sure my pregnancy horomones contributed to that but the part about Myron seeing the boy parts and being so happy just really got me. I have seen this same emotion in my husband since we found out we were having a boy. I can't wait to see more pics and I will keep you all in my prayers!
Can't say enough about how gorgeous he is ;) and I'm so glad things went so smoothly--you earned it for sure! This post was exactly the ray of sunshine I needed from the internet today, I love you guys!
oh CONGRATS. Beautiful story, and, of course, a beautiful baby.
Boys are fun :)
Make sure to pamper yourself a bit during this postpartum time!!!
Ok so that part about you finding out it was a boy made me cry! I'm so happy for you, that delivery sounds great (well as great as these things can be) Glad you didn't have Pitocin! that stuff is crazy! I'm so happy for your little family!
Aw, HONEY! I'm totally crying over here. The pictures, the story. I cannot handle it. Welcome to the world, Wyatt! We love you!
oh i really do love him and i am so happy about Grace too! Wyatt's sweet little girlfriend! See I am a stalker.
how sweet to read...thanks so much. I just love hearing good and perfect endings! Congrats my sweet cousin! he is just ADORABLE!
I am SO happy for you guys!! And it does sound like you had a great labor and delivery! Congratulations!!
So excited to hear the details, what a beautiful story, reading about when Myron told you it was a boy made me get teary. What a cool experience to have, made me think that would be fun.
so glad you have your mom there. Now, I'm ready to learn, so keep us updated on how it is with 2. Can't wait to hear everything.
i have been telling you how awesome rocktober is and wyatt is just proof!
Post a Comment