Monday, May 25, 2009

Not Me Monday



I did not forget it was Monday.
But since its a holiday let's just let it slide.


We have had nothing but rain for days. I know you east coasters have little sympathy, but we just aren't used to gray sky's and moisture. Its nice and relaxing the first day but the second and third and fourth, well they ain't so fun. And don't even get me started on Myron being pinned up in the house on a holiday weekend, not pretty.



So yesterday we went to the swim park with our sweet friends Jay and Allison. They are so good with our kids and love to play just as much as we do. It was a great way to beat the rainy week blues. Wyatt thought it was a big hit as well. I think this kid loves the water more then Rylie (which I thought was impossible)



And on Wednesday my dad, the husband to my mother, the grandfather to my children, the man who came to my house and installed our garbage disposal while rearranging the cupboards, will begin his Mississippi River Adventure. Isn't it cool to be able to say you have fulfilled a lifelong dream. He should be able to say that come August and I find that quite inspiring. Dad or Popeye as the kids call him, will be sailing the Mississippi from top to bottom. He will head to Minnesota with a couple of buddies on Wednesday. Follow his adventures here and please pray for his journey to safe and successful!!

Love ya dad!!!

6 comments:

JTP said...

oh, I sooo want to visit that water park with you guys- it looks so fun!!!!!

WNC Arborist said...

awhh- look at Allison! on the slide and sleeping Wyatt. Those kids just love her!!
Saw Grandpa Haynie this weekend,just had lunch with Grandma, Kristi and Richard. Dad is now getting the last minute details....yelling for my help. Talk to you soon- love mom

Anonymous said...

who is WNC Arborist? I am on dad's lap top.... hmmm? sorry MOM

MelissaCoates said...

That park looks awesome!

I cant believe Dad is leaving so soon! I will be watching his blog for updates on his river adventure.

Aunt Nora said...

Wow that looks like fun. I bet it was fun trying to get Rylie out of the water too! We all will be watching popeye on his journey.

The Boe's ~ said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE water parks....ya, guess my boys do too. ha ha!

Can't wait to hear about your dad's adventures! How neat!