Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Me Monday

So Wyatt is getting interested in finger foods lately. Since he is also teething I bought him some teething biscuits to nibble on. He loves them. If you have ever given these to your children you know how messy they ARE! So the other day while preparing dinner I give Wyatt his "treat". He chews on it and rubs it ALL OVER HIS FACE. I wipe him up, give him his dinner, and wipe him up again. A little while later as we are getting ready for bed. Rylie looks at him and says "What Wyatt got on his face mom?" I totally DID NOT miss his entire forehead and almost put him to sleep this way. I certainly do not need a two year old to help me keep my 8 month old clean.



My neighbor has been out of town the last week or so. She asked me to help out watching her dog while they were gone. Simple. Just let her out in the morning, feed her, refill her water, and put her back in at night. NO PROBLEM. Well I felt bad for the poor little girl so one day on our walk to the mail box I decided to take her with us. I most certainly did not use Reddog's leash. Rylie decided she wanted to "walk" Amiga so she held the leash. She did great. Until. Amiga decided to poop in someone else's yard. I gasped out of surprise. Rylie freaked out at my "said gasp" and let go of the leash. Being the leash was a retractable one, it did not zip right up and land directly under Amiga's bum. And she most certainly did not poop right on the handle. Rylie did not cry hysterically in the middle of the road. When I went to pick up the leash the wind did not push the stroller in circles because I had only put one brake one. I did not panic. No scenes were caused so I did not leave the poop in the neighbor's yard.

and I TOTALLY put sunscreen on Rylie. Everywhere I was supposed too. Not just her back. She is not fried in the front. Sweet Girl.

and here is some more fun. I AM loving this new camera.

6 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

The dog walking/poop story is hilarious!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I have totally definitely not done the not getting my kids face completely clean either.

Thank you for sharing the dog story, I am still laughing. =D

Byerly said...

The dog story was amazing - I had to share it with Corbin. Thanks for posting that. :o) The kiddos are adorable rocking in the chair. Does Wyatt just melt your heart when he gives you that smile?

Kim said...

I LOVE THE VIDEO !!!
(Rylie is ready to go!)
I see so much of Gray in Wyatt until I look at his eyes - That is all Myron/Daddy there.
Thank you so much for the 'daily stuff'. That is what we miss most-

Love,
GaGa Haynie

Becky Swann said...

That video rocked:) hehe

JTP said...

you are funny- your kids are funny- we love those teething bisuits too and MAN are they ever messy!!!!! i miss you