Sunday, April 25, 2010

17 Beacon Court


Last night I was looking at some old pictures. With the real estate market the way it is its hard for me to not desire a bigger, cheaper house. But with the house across the street going for 139,000 I dont think we could sell our house for what we paid for it. So we just keep waiting. Really, I am very thankful to be where we are. Our house, albeit small, is warm, solid, secure. We are in an amazing location with priceless views. We have passive solar and two bathrooms.We can walk to the grocery store. I love my nieghbors. I remind myself the house I grew up in was smaller then this and when I really start to get the itch I think of the house my dad grew up in. It was smaller, he was one of four, he had no air-conditioning in southern Flordia, he slept in the attic. We are blessed. I am thankful. And when I was looking at over the pictures from the last five years I realized we have really done a lot to our little place.It still may not be the prettiest but its much better!
 See ,if ya want.

2 comments:

MelissaCoates said...

Dont forget to mention that Dad use to walk to school... in the snow...in flordia...barefoot.

Why it took me so long to crack this story we will never know.

The view from your house is priceless.

Anonymous said...

'Walking to school in the snow' is a 'hand-me-down' adage from the tv world.

I did have to walk through sand-spurs though.... not sure which is worse.