Monday, April 25, 2011

Lets see here...

as you could tell from the last post, Rylie had another school "performance". Last week was " Week of the Young Child" here in Pagosa. There was lots of fun stuff going on in town including the fair and this show which not only featured Rylie's school but also many other dancers, pianist, and vocalist's through out the town. It was a very sweet time.


Rylie and her friend Payton watching the other performers.



Saturday we headed over to the local Wildlife Refuge for Rylie's friend Cedar's birthday party. We woke up to rain and cool temperatures that morning and weren't really sure how it would work out. But the weather held off just long enough for us to feed the bears, coyotes, porcupine, and mountain lions and head under a shelter for some cupcakes.

waiting to feed the bear

meet Princess, a very smart, very feisty, very big, grizzly bear


feeding the goats.


cupcakes and ice cream


Then Sunday of course we celebrated Easter. We celebrated Jesus. Again with a lot of rain and a little snow mixed in, but the kids had a fabulous day none the less. My two favorite quotes for the day...

First from Wyatt. He was having a hard time "not" opening his candy. When I was searching the house for a pair of shoes I busted him opening up a chocolate treat. I told him he needed to wait, he seemed to comply so I went on looking for my boots. Once I found my boots I also found Wyatt coming out of his room with a mouth full of chocolate and a brown face.
"Wyatt, does mom need to put your Easter basket up high because you weren't listening?" I said.
He simply replied, "Yes!"


soooo exciting!

Myrons' old John Deere was sent special from GeGa.

The second quote was from little Miss. After church we were practicing our letters and drawing and I asked her if she remembered why the Cross was important today.
 She said " yea mom, because Jesus got unstuck today!"
Sweet girl.
and to quote Sunday: "unstuck indeed"!!!



4 comments:

Kim said...

Ohhh, the last picture :o)

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures, especially the last one! We need a copy of that one. I put it on the desktop.
Love Ya, GEGA

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh a quote from me!!! fun! Your kids are so cute. I would be really scared of that grizzly bear too.

Aunt Nora said...

Yes indeed! What a great place to beable to take children!