Wednesday, November 02, 2011

This Halloween...

You may think I am crazy, but I really am not a big fan of Halloween. It isn't because of my Faith it is simply because I do not like to be scared. Nope. Not one single bit. I was always the kid going home early from slumber parties because of the scary movie or the adult kid who wouldn't go through the Haunted house or ride the Ghost Train. The fact I have children makes it harder because I don't want them to be scared either. What makes it worse now is all the candy those two sweet kids bring home. I could totally, 100% pass on this holiday all together if given the choice, but I am really glad I didn't this year. This year was different and way to much fun with the kids. Rather the hit the local Community center in town, again, we braved a local neighborhood. It was supposed to be "the" spot. It lived up to all its expectations plus some. We had a most fabulous time.


Ready to go trick or treat. 




 Some of these pictures where taken with our pocket camera and are a little shaky from all the fun!
We have some friends who live in the neighborhood. After a lap around the block they opened their home to us and served yummy chili and cupcakes!
 Nothing scary about that!

Rylie and her friend Evelyn.

We felt such nostalgia with some traditional door to door trick or treating.


These two kiddo's had a blast. Before we even left Wyatt was asking for our candy that we might hand out if anyone came. We told him we were going to other people's house to get candy. As soon as he got in the car he pointed out every.other.person's.house along the way.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Rylie,-a girl after my own heart with her tights on :o)
Who did the face painting this year? Myron? good job.
(I never got into Halloween either-)

Soon, you all will have James to play with....fun overload!!

OXOXOXOXOX

Aunt Nora said...

I am right there with you Jessica about being scared. But oh how I love halloween and the children! One of my tops. I will never grow old with it.