Friday, July 18, 2008

Daisy Bee Bee's???????


Well, I had the dreaded glucose screening today. I think I might be the first on out of all of us to have to go back for more testing. Seriously, I was not all that surprised- sort of. I mean if its going to happen to someone its going to be me, THIS pregnancy. I just hope this poor child doesn't come out to be a terror or something. You laugh but I am really nervous about that. I just want this baby to be happy and healthy and perfect, is that to much to ask. I haven't really done anything much different this pregnancy diet wise. I haven't been exercising as much but chasing after Rylie counts for some of that right? Plus, its really really hot. I don't know, I don't like this whole thing.
So next Wednesday I will go back to the hospital for three hours of drinking "soda's" and finger pricking to see if I do in fact have gestational diabetes or as someone else so nicely put it "Daisy Bee Bee's". I must say I am a little perplexed and pray this all comes back to be a false alarm. After all I have none of the symptoms (but I guess most women don't), just high blood sugar today. The nurse did also mention that they had also seen an abnormally high number of patients need to be tested recently and are having their machine looked at. So we will see what happens. I am nervous.Please Pray for me and this sweet baby. Wednesday. 9am. Mountain time. Purty Please.

p.s. Thanks for listening to my constant whining. You are true friends.

10 comments:

MelissaCoates said...

I am sure they are just being extra cautious. Everything will be fine. Did someone get you some purty flowers?

Love you :)

CortneyTree said...

The dreaded Daisy Bee Bees! Is it contagious or something??
I'm guessing it's a malfunction of the machine or just one of those days--and even if it's not, you can deal with gestational diabetes and still have a perfect, healthy, happy baby, I promise! Just a little insulin and being aware of your carbs. But I'm betting on it being A-Okay. Keep thinkin' those good thoughts, and I'll do the same.
Love you!!

KatieKate said...

Gag.
But, if this is TRUE, you can do it. My bestest friend ever went through this with her twins and she made it. Let us know...

Anonymous said...

awhhh- I wanna be there! Good thing your a strong woman; even when you don't want to be. Prayer is the most powerful thing! We are on it for you......

Love MOM

Julie said...

I remembered reading this gal's take on that glucose screening a couple of months ago and found it very interesting.


http://thebirdsknow.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-recent-non-experience-with-glucose.html

Julie said...

http://thebirdsknow.blogspot.com/2008/05/
my-recent-non-experience-with-glucose.html



here it the link again. it didn't come out right the first try.

JTP said...

Everything will be just fine, it's probably their silly machine...is the doctor near Target???? Love your flowers!!!! keep us posted!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh jessica! i am praying that it IS just the machine, but we will work through it if it goes the other way too with loads of prayers. Thankfully you are closer to the end then the beginning. So sorry this has been so rough on you!

Shanna Mac said...

laura and renu both had to go back for the three hour screening and both came back okie-dokie. either way, you will be just fine!!! promise. can rylie come over for a playdate? g just said "wyee go dacie's house, k? play toys."

The Colorado Carrs said...

Oh how I would LOVE a play date!!!