Monday, July 14, 2008

Monarch Pass and Four wheeling.



Myron asked me to put up some photos of his grand adventure this weekend. I said, "Yes, of course!". Anyone who does a 30 some odd mile mountain bike ride, at who knows how high in elevation, on the continental divide, DESERVES to be on the blog.
The view is a little hazy from the fires in California, but still beautiful!




But more importantly the next day he and Tim went to check out a 4-wheel drive trail. We are pretty sure "our" jeep wouldn't make it over the first rock. But if we ever when the lottery $50,000 is going toward building one of these puppies!!
Yes the one is sideways.
P.S. Last night I got VERY upset with Target. ( That is a story for another day) After I got of the phone with Guest Services I cried, which is quite easy to do these days. I was trying to explain to Myron what happened and I cried. My sweet Rylie, whom I realized has likely never "seen" me cry, climbed on the couch next to me, opened my phone, and placed it to my ear. This was so sweet. She knew the people on the other end upset me. She wanted to fix it. She always takes the phone she NEVER gives it back.
I love her.

13 comments:

KatieKate said...

Curt is gonna die when he sees those 4-wheeling photos.

And yay for Ry Girl trying to fix you :) So so so incredibly sweet.

The Colorado Carrs said...

I did think of Curt when I was putting them up. Maybe you should come for a cmping adventure here/there next summer!!!

Shanna Mac said...

i love her too. sorry you were upset. want me to call 'em for you? i've really improved on my assertiveness skills due to some much needed training in grad school.

amy said...

Wow.. 4 wheelin' looks fun! Its been YEARS since i did any of that.
What a sweet lil girl you have :)
Those pregnancy hormones will get ya at the worst times!

The Boe's ~ said...

Such a sweet Rylie, those are the best times when they are so considerate of their mama's!!! Just precious!
Sorry to hear about TARGET problems. I rarely go there anymore b/c of the problems I've had in the past...grrr.. I hope you can get everything taken care of!
And...wow....those pictures. I"d be scared out of my mind--is that the CITY girl in me now, hee hee!! =)

Sunday Grant Photography said...

aaahh, you were so excited to go to target too! i am real interested in this story!
Myron's trip looks wonderful. I can't believe that one jeep is sideways!

The Ledfords said...

As much as I like Target, I have heard horror stories of their customer service, returns, etc, but have never had to deal with it myself. Someone told me not to register there because of that. Sorry they made you cry - that was so sweet of Rylie to do that!!

MelissaCoates said...

First of all since your last post her are my constant thoughts...

please be a girl...please be a girl...please be a girl...

;)

fyi...target has made me upset as well I hate to say it but I am close to shunning them completely.

Rylie is SO SWEET!!!

Wendy said...

I too find myself in tears often lately too. It's the hormones...my Riley caught me crying the other day and she so sweetly said "what's wrong mommy, did daddy make you mad?" I don't know where the kid comes up with this stuff.

Becky Swann said...

That Jeep is craziness! Argh Target can be annoying they royaly screwed me with wedding registry stuff, but they can be so awesome too! Evil two-headed monster!

Aunt Nora said...

I loved re-learning about the continental divide. It was interesting. And I am going to counter Melissa.... please be a boy...please be a boy:) Sorry Lisser

JTP said...

Boo on target!

Dan, Michelle, Addison and our loving pet Ruby said...

A 30 mile mtn bike ride at any elevation is an amazing accomplishment. We did a 35 mile loop in Rocky Mountain Nat. Park a few weeks ago, but only 9 miles were on the trails and that was tough enough for us. the jeeping photos are awesome, my dad had a Willy's CJ-2a when I was growing up, but it was a little more stock that the one in the photos.

Dan