That ole' thing called blogging.
Today I have a few hours before school gets out with nothing to do.
Nothing scheduled that is.
Thats a first in a long, long time.
So I thought you should see the last day of school.
Rylie is finishing up third grade.
I wont lie its not been an easy one. It wasnt a bad one but definetly a year with lots of ups and downs. A year of learning to handle growing up and making the best of tough situations. Its not always easy being the quiet one. The one that likes rules and structure when those around you dont. Its hard to learn how to balance a new dynamic, but she did it. Math turned from our biggest challenge to super fun. What can I say the girl actually likes fractions. We made a few new friends and worked to grow the older ones. We are excited for fourth grade. Excited for new adventures and a new mix of classmates. Hopeful for more days we look forward to going to school then not.
![]() |
| 1st Day of 3rd Grade |
![]() |
| Last Day of 3rd Grade |
Wyatt finishes up 1st grade today.
First grade was a little more sitting then Kindergarten so sometimes the days were long for him. And there was never enough to eat, but thats just an overall life lesson he has to learn.
Overall he really enjoyed first grade. He had lots of friends in his class and a wonderful set of teachers. He became an ace mathmatician, although actually having to "show" the work was a little frustrating for him. He just seemed to know it and it disrupted his play time. ;)
He is really looking forward to this summer and time with some unrestricted play... I think.
![]() |
| 1st day |
![]() |
| last day |
Both kids have physically grown leaps and bounds. I mean I just bought Rylie WOMENS size 5 flip flops. And the fact they are almost too small didnt slip past me. Wyatt has jumped from size 6 clothes to size 10 this school year and we dont even know what size shoes he wears these days. We hope to just wait for second grade until we buy something other then sandals.
So for now we look forward to summer. To lots of time with friends and family in the sun. To using our "new" camper as much as possible and watching lots of fireworks at the lake on the fourth. The kids are ready to hook up Dangerous to his backpack and even set out on a trip through the wilderness. They seem to be growing up fast but I have to admit with each season of lifeit gets a little more fun. Its important for me to stop and remember that.






No comments:
Post a Comment